I am Still Responsible for my Actionsby Toni Weisz/Recovery ToolsRomans 3:23, John 16:8, Philippians 4:13, Matthew 7:7-8, and Psalm 147:3 We have all grown up in homes that were dysfunctional because we have all been born into sin and have a sin nature. The Bible...
I would rather go back to what is familiar, even if it is bondage… Exodus 16:1-4a and John 3:16, And they took their journey from Elim, and all the congregation of the children of Israel came unto the wilderness of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the...
From the time I was a young child, I never felt secure, confident or accepted. These insecurities gave the enemy an opening into my heart. He planted the lie in my mind that if I were perfect, I would be loved. Perfection in every task and responsibility set before...
Coping mechanisms are defined as techniques we use to help us manage the stress and pain in our lives. Common coping mechanisms are avoidance and isolation, denial, busyness, rationalization and control. From my childhood, I learned avoidance and isolation to keep...
Luke 15:10-24 Many have called this “The Running Father” instead of “The Prodigal Son” because it’s the actions of the father in these Scriptures that give a glimpse into the very heart of God our heavenly Father. First, we see the father is looking for his son and...
Click Here for the Spanish Version! From the time I was a small child, I did not use my voice and hid in the background to keep under the radar. As a result, I became what people wanted me to be. I was labeled, “The good, quiet one.” I was fearful of rejection, so...
John 10:10a, 1st Corinthians 14:33b, Proverbs 6:19b, James 1:19 The tool of detachment gives me the ability to love someone without getting caught up in their dysfunction. Satan is the author of confusion, chaos, and discord among the brethren and our families. He has...
Idolatry and CodependencyAbortion Recovery/Recovery ToolsExodus 20:3-5a Exodus 20:3-5a “You shall have no other gods before Me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that...
Self-Pity Philippians 2:2-4, Galatians 5:22-23 God wants me to spend less time thinking of myself, and more time thinking of Him and others. Self-pity is being consumed with thoughts about oneself, usually regarding some unfair situation or treatment by others. ...
John 8:31-32, 36 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” “Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.” “You’re only...
I would rather go back to what is familiar even if it is bondage… Exodus 16: 3-4a And the children of Israel said to them, “Oh that we had died by the hand of the Lord in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the pots of meat and when we ate bread to the full! For you...
Awareness, Acceptance, and Action: The 3 A’s to true Healing and Hope. There can be no change without AWARENESS. AWARENESS is understanding and reflecting on a situation, person, or feeling with openness and curiosity (as defined by peopleleaders.com.au). For...
Let us therefore come boldly onto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in timeof need. (Hebrews 4:16) I was fearful to speak up as a child, continually striving for perfection but never attaining it. I had an over developed sense of...
Fear, Busyness, and Blind Spots: 3 Tools the Enemy Uses to Keep Us in Bondage Part 3 "BLIND SPOTS" Part 1 "FEAR" (here) Part 2 "BUSYNESS" (here) The last area we will look at is blind spots. Blind spots are areas in my life in which I have been wounded...
Fear, Busyness, and Blind Spots: 3 Tools the enemy uses to keep us in bondage. Part 2 "BUSYNESS" (Part 1 here) Another tactic the enemy uses is busyness. God’s Word says, “Be still and know that I am God….” (Psalm 46:10) I was so involved in my children’s school...
Fear, Busyness, and Blind Spots: 3 Tools the Enemy Uses to Keep Us in Bondage Part 1 "FEAR" What is preventing me from recognizing I have a problem? Fear is a tool the enemy uses to keep me in my dysfunction: the fear of change, the fear of the unknown, and fear that...
I define shame as a heavy, black wool cloak that covers my head and weighs me down. Under it, my head and body are bent over, my eyes are cast down and my spirits are down. I have feelings of despair, regret and weakness. I feel all alone and isolated in this dark...
More Posts for Recovery Tools
- I Am Still Responsible for my Actions
- My Life Would Be Forever Changed (Part 6): The Final Chapter
- How to Overcome Trauma
- Our Dashed Dreams
- Spiritual Warfare in the Post-Abortion Bible Studies
- My Savior’s Love for Me
- (no title)
- The Prodigal Son
- Abortion: Our Only Option
- Amazing Grace
- The Importance of Community
- The Courage of Mary
- Fear of Surrender
- My Baby’s Purpose
- Familiar Bondage
- I Will See You Again
- How God Turned My Pain Around (Part 1 & 2) by Luci
- The Woman with the Issue of Blood
- My Unhealthy Coping Mechanisms
- Our Perception of God and Why It Matters
- I Am God’s Wildflower
- Will You Allow Jesus to Heal You?
- Good Friday—His Life for Ours
- My Life Would Be Forever Changed (Part 5): Unhealthy Choices
- The Traps of the Devil (Series): Elijah
- The Traps of the Devil (Series): David
- The Traps of the Devil (Series): Achan
- The Traps of the Devil (Series): Eve
- How Has God Used Your Pain?
- From Shame to Victory (Part 5): Then Jesus Came to My Rescue
- From Shame to Victory (Part 4): The Abuse Intensified in My Adulthood
- A Time for Prayer and Repentance
- One Life Can Make a Difference
- We Are Adopted
- Love Them Like Jesus
- Every Child Deserves to Be Loved
- Delight Yourself in the Lord
- My People-Pleasing
- My Unhealthy Coping Mechanisms
- My Identity in Christ (Part 1 & 2)
- From Shame to Victory (Part 3): My Miserable Teens
- From Shame to Victory (Part 2): The Abuse Started in Adolescence
- My Life Would Be Forever Changed (Part 4): Tormented by Shame and Guilt
- From Shame to Victory (Part 1): My Broken Childhood
- My Life Would Be Forever Changed (Part 3): Trying to Cope with the Pain
- Gracias por el dolor Señor porque sin él no te habría encontrado
- Mi máscara de perfección (Toni Weisz)
- La historia de mi aborto
- Freedom in Christ
- My life Would Be Forever Changed (Part 2): My Miraculous Rescue
- Our Heavenly Father’s Heart
- Running from God
- Less Control & More Trust
- Boundaries—Why Are They So Important?
- The Deception of Selfishness
- Stinking Thinking: Anxiety
- Luci’s Story (Part 1 & 2)